21 Day Fix Containers
21 Day Fix Containers and how to use them
If I ask you about your dieting history, you will most definitely describe a plan where calories are of the greatest importance. Though I am not bashing dietary regimens that call for calorie counting, I must say that this process might be exceptionally time consuming.
That is how the 21 day fix program manages to distance itself from all others. Its nutrition plan cannot be defined as a diet as it does not restrict the calories consumed. Instead we have a system of color coded containers, each with a corresponding group of food that fits in it. These 21 day fix containers are used to control the portions you eat daily, and this in turn helps you lose any excess weight. Below we will delve further into this topic.
What are the 21 Day Fix containers?
The 21 day fix program consists of a nutrition plan and a workout regimen. The nutrition plan is based on portion control, enforced by color coded containers and a pre-approved food list. Below we will explore the 21 day fix foods allowed during your time taking part in the program, as we try and make it easier for you to shop for the right foods.
The purple 21 Day Fix container which contains fruits is equal in size to the green container, making it one of the 2 biggest 21 day fix containers in the program. The biggest proportion of food you will consume during the 21 day fix program is fruits. You should know that some fruits contain very high levels of sugar, and that is why you will notice that not every available fruit is on this list.
– Watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries, apples, kiwi fruit, apricots, peaches, grapes, oranges, tangerine, papaya, banana, figs, honeydew melon, grape fruit, mango, pear, nectarine and pineapple.
One of the largest container contains vegetables, and is equal to 1 cup of fresh veggies. As I mentioned above, fruits are the largest proportion of 21 day fix foods that you will consume on this program. What I failed to clarify was that the amount of vegetables and fruits consumed are equal. Meaning that vegetables are also the biggest proportion of foods consumed. When it comes to vegetables, fresh vegetables are preferred as they have higher nutritional value.
– Collards, kale, peppers, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, beets, tomatoes, spinach, jicama, brussel sprouts, onions, eggplant, artichoke, sprouts, okra, radishes, lettuce (barring iceberg lettuce), mushrooms, squash, string beans, celery, cucumbers and snow peas.
The red 21 Day Fix container is composed of lean proteins, and is equal to 3/4 a cup of protein. The number and array of proteins that find their way onto the list are varied, leaving you the benefit of choosing your favorite type of lean meat. Additionally, vegetarians and vegans are accommodated for on this list, with a number of meat free options given. Below is a list of pre-approved proteins that you can purchase on a trip to the grocery.
– Trout, catfish, tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon, halibut, skinless turkey breast, ground turkey, reduced fat turkey bacon, low sodium and fat free turkey, ground chicken, skinless chicken breast, low sodium and fat free ham, buffalo meat, lean red meat, flank steak, pork tenderloin, venison, ostrich meat, eggs, crab, clams, shrimp, lobster, sardines, protein powder, plain yogurt, plain Greek yogurt, tempeh, tofu, cottage cheese, light ricotta cheese and veggie burger.
This 21 Day Fix container is full of carbs and starches, and is equal to a half cup. A large majority of the foods that fall under the title carbohydrate are whole grain, as these are healthier for you.
– Quinoa, buckwheat, wild rice, brown rice, pasta, barley, millet, couscous, black beans, pinto beans, nonfat refried beans, tortillas, sweet potatoes, red skin potatoes, yams, peas, lentils, crackers, bread, corn on the cob, pita bread, English muffin, pancakes, waffles, crackers, cereal, bagels, amaranth and edamame.
The smallest container is comprised of seeds and dressings. When it comes to oils a single teaspoon is sufficient, while the seeds fit in the smallest container found on this list.
– Walnut oil, flaxseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, extra virgin coconut oil, sesame butters, almond butters, cashew butters, chia seeds, olives, sunflower butters and peanut butters.
The blue 21 Day Fix container is made up of 1/3 cup of healthy fats and cheese. Last but not least we have a list of healthy fats and cheeses;
– Mozzarella, feta cheese, cheddar, provolone, goat cheese, Monterey Jack, parmesan, coconut milk, hummus, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews, almonds, avocado and pistachios.
When it comes to teaspoons, we are talking about the measurement of oils allowed during this program.
How many containers do I consume a day?
There are 4 calorie levels in the 21 day fix program, ranging from 1200 calories to 2300 calories. A calorie chart will indicate how many containers you will be consuming a day based on your caloric level. You will calculate this using the calorie formula provided.
- LEVEL 1: 1200 to 1499 calories. 3 green containers, 2 purple containers, 4 red containers, 2 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container and 2 teaspoons daily.
- LEVEL 2: 1500 to 1799 calories. 4 green containers, 3 purple containers, 4 red containers, 3 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container and 4 teaspoons daily.
- LEVEL 3: 1800 to 2099 calories. 5 green containers, 3 purple containers, 5 red containers, 4 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container and 5 teaspoons daily.
- LEVEL 4: 2100 to 2300 calories. 6 green containers, 4 purple containers, 6 red containers, 4 yellow containers, 1 blue container, 1 orange container and 6 teaspoons daily.
What are the benefits of the 21 Day Fix containers?
- Like I mentioned above, the system of colored containers is faster and easier to understand than that of calorie counting. This in turn means that you can easily plan your meals ahead, as no intricate measuring is required.
- The containers ensure that you are not left with cravings and hunger pangs. These two feelings are often the leading cause of increased weight. In fact, many people who undertake the 21 day fix program admit that they are often unable to finish all the containers as they are extremely filling.
- The containers are a practical way of teaching you how to regulate your food portions. You can use what you have learned even once you are done with the program. The truth is that after a few weeks or even a few days you will be able to measure the correct food proportions without using the containers.
This program is fantastic as it does not call for you to eat diet foods. Instead the 21 day fix foods given above are the same variety of foods you would be eating on a regular basis. Now that you have this list, and you know all there is to know about 21 day fix containers, grocery shopping and meal plans should be easy to undertake.
Subscribe to our mailing list
for a free 21 Day Fix Meal Plan!